*DUO SNARE AVAILABLE IN SEPARATE LISTING*
This new Superstar Hyper-Drive Duo is a unique and exciting series which will bring new value to the current drumming world. Similar to the groundbreaking work we did with the Superstar Hyper-Drive's extra shallow toms in 2008 - drawing inspiration drawn from recent performances of cutting-edge drummers - we have once again created distinct drum setups which are poised to inspire drummers. Opening the door to new approaches to drumming beyond the standard. The key component of this series is the 10" x 14" snare drum, which we call the "Duo Snare". This drum is unique not only because of its uncommon 10" floor tom legs and brackets. You can tune this drum low and place it where the first floor tom would traditionally go. As such, the snare can function as a low/deep snare with the snare wires engaged, or as a 14" floor tom with the snares off. This can lead to many unique phrasing opportunities.Once you experience playing on this new kit your eyes and ears will be opened to the infinite range of possibilities, plus it's a lot of fun. Just try it.
100% Maple Shells
- Tom Tom, Floor Tom & Snare Drum : 6ply, 5mm
- Bass Drum : 8ply, 7mm
- Our highest priority in producing the Superstar series of drums was sound. The full, powerful character and rich resonance of the Superstar drums were achieved by utilizing carefully selected maple shells and focusing intently on shell molding and the bearing edge shape.
Duo Snare *AVAILABLE IN SEPARATE LISTING*
- The Duo Snare is unique not only because of its uncommon 10" depth, but also because it is equipped with floor tom legs and brackets. You can tune this drum low and place it where the first floor tom would traditionally go. As such, the snare can function as a low/deep snare with the snare wires engaged, or as a 14" floor tom with the snares off. This can lead to many unique phrasing opportunities.
- Hyper-Drive is the new standard depth size on tom toms. Its short depth creates enhanced attack, punchy sound, and quick response. And more it allows you to set up the rack toms in lower position. So, you can post the tom toms more freely.
Star-Cast Mounting System
- All Superstar rack toms are fitted with a Star-Cast Mounting System similar to Starclassic drums. This unique system offers total tom isolation and unhindered shell resonance without the adverse effect on tuning or complicated head changes found in less advanced suspension designs.
Black Nickel Shell Hardware
- In Superstar Hyper-Drive, all shell hardware is finished in Black Nickel Plated. The beautiful looking produces a higher-grade sense of quality.
Die-Cast Hoops (Black Nickel Plated)
- No other drum embodies pro features at an affordable price like Superstar.
- In a first for this price range, Superstar is equipped with the same zinc die-cast hoops featured on Starclassic drums. Die-cast hoops not only make tuning easier and more consistent, they also provide crisp attack, clear and resonant highs, and much more powerful rim shots.
Power Craft II Drumheads
- All Superstar's "Power Craft II" drum heads (except Duo snare batter head) ensure a great sound practically right out of the box! Ring mufflers on bass drum heads remove the need for extra internal muffling.
- These claw hooks stabilize the wood hoops on bass drums and feature built-in rubber lining which helps protect the wood and maintain tuning even during long performances. Also, the new rubber spacers help protect the die-cast zinc claw hooks and tension bolts from damage when the bass drum is placed on the ground.